CEO Job Open- accepting applications now until Wednesday, January 11th
For more than 20 years, Boys & Girls Club High Rockies (BGCHR) has served the youth in Park County. Through amazing programs, caring staff, and a safe atmosphere, we give youth a place to go when they need support, care, and most importantly, fun. We give youth a place to call home.
To enable and inspire all young people, especially those that need us most, to reach their full potential as caring, productive, responsible citizens.
The Chief Executive Officer will oversee BGCHR’s program services, organizational, programmatic, and safety initiatives, community, and youth outreach, and will directly oversee the operations. This individual will be responsible for managing organizational compliance including national safety standards and childcare licensing. The person in this position will serve an integral role on BGCHR’s executive leadership team and will help to drive BGCHR’s strategic goals and objectives. This individual must be able to work collaboratively with multiple individuals while ensuring the highest level of safety and quality is being delivered to youth and families.
Executive Leadership and Organizational Management
- Provide thoughtful and visionary executive leadership that is inclusive, transparent, and empowering in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Trustees
- Present strategic options and plans for organization impact and gain Board approval as needed to carry out the work of the mission of the organization
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization and ensure its overall successful long-term operations
- Organize, motivate, and mentor internal team leaders to strategically grow the organization’s impact, programs, fundraising, and to effectively fulfill its important mission
- Apply innovative thinking and performance measurements to analyze and support strategic decision-making
- Continually foster a culture that encourages collaboration between departments and recognizes positive contributions
- Contribute to the strategic plan and drive its implementation
- Manage and motivate staff, overseeing processes such as hiring, separation, ongoing staff development, performance management, and compensation and benefits
- Inspire a business-oriented, professional, results-driven environment across the organization
- Perform general management duties overseeing the day-to-day operations of the organization
- Establish goals, objectives, and operational plans in collaboration with the Board of Directors, staff, and other leaders
- Maintain regular and ongoing communication to build strong relationships with the entire Board, providing leadership and support to members at all times
- Communicate effectively with the Board by providing members with all information necessary to continually function properly and make informed decisions in a timely and accurate manner
- Attend all Board meetings and provide reports and updates on staff as well as all current work, project timelines, and project and organizational progress
- Gracefully manage the board as needed to build consensus, remind of outstanding deliverables, and offer support
- Implement Board policies and procedures and build support for Board decisions amongst staff
- Work closely and openly with the Board and its committees, ensuring ongoing communication of risks, issues, as well as successes
Development and Fundraising
- Drive development and fundraising in collaboration with the Board as needed
- Initiate, cultivate, and extend relationships with the organization’s portfolio of individual, foundation, and corporate supporters
- Ensure the organization’s financial stability and sustainability by maintaining healthy cash flow and adequate reserves
Financial Management and Administration
- Provide strategic leadership and hands-on management for all of the administrative and operational functions of the organization in accordance with the mission, objectives, and policies
- Prudently direct resources and manage all financials within budget guidelines and according to current laws and regulations
- Assume responsibility for the fiscal integrity of the organization
- Monitor board-approved budget and manage daily financial operations to ensure maximum utilization of resources and optimum financial positioning for the organization
- Ensure maximum resource utilization, budget management, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position
- Build and administer the annual budget, with Board approval
Program Delivery & Compliance
- Ensure that safety standards and compliance are universally implemented at each location.
- Ensure that program quality and standards are consistently implemented at each location.
- Bring in new, diverse training programs to Club teams and operational staff, both local and from Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
- For all organizational-wide grants, ensure requirements are communicated to the appropriate Club staff, that grant expectations are met, and evaluations are completed in a timely manner.
- Oversee program evaluation systems that showcase program impact.
- Oversee the member management system and ensure that adequate processes and training are in place for quality data collection.
- Establish outreach programs and events that teach youth and families about Boys & Girls Clubs.
- Ensure that programs are developmentally safe and culturally inclusive for all Club members.
External Relations and Communications
- Represent the organization and serve as chief spokesperson publicly at events, conferences, and partnership meetings
- Present and promote the organization and its mission, programs, partners, and members in a consistently positive manner
- Ensure high visibility to prospects and the public, and build interest in engaged philanthropy
- Manage all aspects of the organization’s marketing and public relations
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Establish and monitor adherence to policies and procedures
- Provide servant leadership and passion about leading and collaborating with your people and community partners to operate a welcoming and inclusive community.
- Bring your strategic, visionary experience, and relationship-building skills to provide leadership to the organization to achieve its long-term and short-term strategies and goals through other people.
- Utilize your broad and deep network of relationships and connections to masterfully build meaningful relationships throughout the nation.
- Create an outstanding reputation and reach for You: Flourish and obtain funding for the organization.
- Create the conditions for your team to expand their thinking, challenge convention, grow as people, and experience authentic connection with others.
- Lead the development of the company’s short- and long-term strategy.
- Manage revenue, expenses, and external financing to maintain the consistent growth of the business.
- Create, implement, and model the company’s vision and mission.
- Be the face of the organization at fundraising and public events
- Ensure the effective operation and delivery of programs within the Club and community:
- Support the organization’s mission and principles
- Maintain an environment that facilitates the implementation of programs, services and activities that support youth development outcomes
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop, implement and maintain a realistic strategic plan.
- Develop and implement an action plan with staff that supports the organization’s strategic plan and local Club goals.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for improvement and implement plans for improvements.
- Identify, recruit and develop effective board members.
- Encourage participation by board members and support effective board roles and functions.
- Ensure Board committees are provided with the information and support necessary to fulfill their objectives.
- Ensure the annual budget is funded and the organization has adequate cash flow.
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors, develop strategic plans to generate revenues through diverse funding streams.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit donors, grantors and corporate sponsors.
- Oversee planning and implementation of fundraising and special events.
- Provide guidance to staff and volunteers performing resource development functions.
- Develop, implement and monitor the Club’s annual budget.
- Implement administrative and operational systems to support effective operations.
- Ensure productive effective staff performance, providing guidance, feedback and opportunities for professional development.
- Develop and implement plans for maintaining and updating existing technology resources.
As the CEO, your background must include:
- Ability to manage projects/people and drive them to create positive outcomes.
- Develop cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation strategies
- Ability to provide background research and materials that will provide support for the development of individual and foundation donations
- Technical proficiency with customer relationship management, project management, and database software.
- Designing grant programs.
- Determining funding needs.
- Researching funding opportunities.
- Reporting to the board of directors.
- Coordinating and engaging with grant writers.
- Identifying support agencies.
- Optimizing the grant administration process.
- Managing timelines and deliverables.
- Preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Tracking grant applications.
- Working knowledge of asset management including financial resources and property.
- Methodical and strategic thinking.
- Develop strategic alliances with community leaders, businesses, and local officials.
- Develop Collaborative partnership with other youth serving organizations, members, parents, families, funders and community organizations.
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Increase visibility of Club programs, services, and activities and maintain good public relations.
Otherduties as assigned.
- Internal: Maintain contact with the Board of Directors, Club staff, volunteers, and club members.
- External: Maintain contact with potential and current donors, external community groups, parents, school officials, and others as required.
Skills /Knowledge & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in nonprofit management or related field
- Knowledge of the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures, principles and practices of managing non-profit organizations.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nonprofit Management, Marketing, Business Administration
- 5+ years of experience with work related to grant management.
- 5 or more years management or supervisory experience
- 5+ years of experience in relevant leadership, preferably in non-profit organizations
- Significant achievement leading programs that have delivered tangible results.
- Experience working and contracting with governmental agencies.
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements in a WORD.docx format to First Last via email to email@example.com Title using the subject title: “BGCHR CEO SEARCH.” Review of applications, nominations, and expressions of interest will begin immediately and continue until midnight on Wednesday, January 11th
BGCHR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity and equity in all facets of the organization’s work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.
This wonderful opportunity offers the ability to make significant impact leading and growing an impactful non profit leading BGCHR. This career opportunity offers a strong starting base salary, a full benefits package, and a team-oriented atmosphere that is both positive and rewarding. Starting compensation includes: a very competitive salary dependent on experience of $75,000 to $85,000 plus full benefits package that includes:
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Work cell
- Free Boys & Girls Club membership for dependents
- Generous PTO
- Hybrid remote work environment